Want to help injured combat vets? Are you looking for a way to volunteer for Rivers of Recovery? We have great ideas!
- Event Planning: Do you know how to throw a great party? Volunteers across the country have held fundraisers for Rivers of Recovery—everything from meatball and beer bashes to fly fishing movies. The best part is, you can throw a party anywhere! It’s a great way to have a good time for a great cause.
- Networking: Do you have connections? A friend in the media, a community leader, or business owner? Tell them about Rivers of Recovery. We have a great story to share.
- Restaurant Nights: Dine out for a good cause. Many restaurants have charitable giving programs where a percentage of their sales goes to Rivers of Recovery. We can provide you with all the 411 to organize it.
- Employer Support: Does your employer have a charitable giving program? If so, we’d love to work with them. Contact us and let’s see how we can make a difference for veterans together.
- Fundraising: Do you have a great idea for fundraising? From pledge drives to fun runs to golf tournaments to lemonade stands—our volunteers are the engine that keeps our program running. Contact us with your ideas.
- Auction Items: Donating items for auctions is a great way to help. Gift baskets, vacation packages, military-related memorabilia—think outside the box.
- Frequent Flier Miles: Are you a road warrior who racks up the frequent flier miles? Most programs let you donate those miles. We’ll use them to get our vets out on the river and on their way to recovery.
- Donate Materials for a Specific Trip: If you live near one of our trips, consider teaching yoga, donating lodging/housing, tying flies with veterans, or donating food or grocery store gift cards. Some trips also need help with cooking. Contact us for more details.
- Spread the Word: Tell your friends and family about Rivers of Recovery. Word of mouth is the best way to reach out and help us connect with other people who support our U.S. combat veterans.
Sign Up for Amazon Smile: Help Rivers of Recovery while you shop online. Sign up at smile.amazon.com. You’ll be able to search for Rivers of Recovery. Then shop using the same link, and a percentage of your purchase helps our veterans.